Friday, December 05, 2014

Cooking the Books

On 18th November, Premier Foods' Chief Executive, Gavin Darby, sent a letter to its suppliers requesting they pay thousands of pounds to remain on the supplier list.  I like the idea.

Dear Mr Darby


I am aiming to work with a smaller number of strategic suppliers in the future that can better support and invest in my limited grocery budget.
I will now require you to make an investment payment to support my budget.
I understand that this approach may lead to some questions.
However, it is important that we take the right steps now to support my future expenditure on groceries.
May I suggest an initial cheque for £100 to cover the 2015 calendar year?  Without this I may not be able to continue my commitment to Oxo, Bisto and other Premier Foods brands.
I remain
Yours financially