Saturday, July 18, 2009

What is Love?


A few years ago I was contacted by a poor widow whose Nigerian husband had left her $10 million in cash. If I could just help her get it out of Nigeria using my bank account she would let me have $4 million. We had a pleasant email conversation for a few days before I let slip that I had given "her" details to the president@whitehouse.gov, after which she became terminally reticent.

So sad.

My family is spread around the world. We often keep in touch using Skype. Out of the blue, I've just been contacted on Skype by "Tonya". Here's how the conversation went.


I apologise for the grammar and the misquote from Twelfth Night, but I was so excited that I was on the verge of discovering love that my education failed me.

I don't know why Tonya isn't speaking to me any more.

No comments: