Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Photo Of the Week (SPOW)

When I turned 50, I had planned to play a couple of songs on the guitar at my party. However, I found it was just too difficult to rescue the skills I'd had 30 years earlier, even with the help of a good guitar instructor.

Russ Lane is a good friend who recently had a Significant Birthday. To my chagrin and envy, he achieved what I had failed to do, and played and sang half a dozen great rock 'n' roll numbers from his youth. Here he is, at the microphone, giving a short talk at the end to the assembled partygoers. My word, did he play well. It made me relieved, in retrospect, that I hadn't succeeded - my efforts would have paled in comparison.

I shot quite a few photos at his party. This one was one of the better ones, ironically taken when my flash failed and so it retained the great colours of the nightclub. 75mm, f1.6, 1/60, ISO 200. The original is here.

No comments: